4.4 109
Virginia 180417
March 22 - 24, 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We have stayed in the cabins at CAX Outdoors many times over the years, but this was our first stay in the RV park. First off, if anyone has a desire to visit the Virginia Peninsula/Tri-cities Historic Area, this is your home base. Located on the York River, you are only minutes from Yorktown, Williamsburg, Jamestown, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA and the cities of Hampton and Newport News. There is no other place as conveniently located. The RV sites are very well maintained with a concrete slab that has room enough for an RV and an additional vehicle. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring. There is a children's play set in the field next to the restrooms/bathhouses. The bath houses them selves are in good condition and everything worked. The only complaint with regard to the bathhouses is that they need a good deep cleaning and a coat of paint, particularly in the showers where the floor paint is almost completely worn off. Regarding amenities on the base, there is a small convenience store/gas station on Sanda Rd, the main road, and there is a snack bar, 4th Street Grill, on 4th street just past the Navy Gateway Inn and Suites. CAX Outdoors/MWR also has an extensive list of recreational equipment available for rent. Aside from the issue that I mentioned with the bathhouses, The only other thing that bothered me was something that is one of my pet paves, that being previous campers to our site were smokers and obviously sat outside near enough to the fire pit to smoke and toss their butts in the fire pit, with no fire burning, so that there was a pile of their butts in the fire pit that they didn't bother to pickup before they left. I have no problem with people smoking, I do have a problem with inconsiderate smokers who leave their burnt up butts for someone else to cleanup. Which I had to do before I could build a fire to use to cook our dinner and no, I didn't want the flavor of their cigarette butts in my food. We will definitely stay at the Kings Creek Campground again in the future.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or