Washington 79090
July 20-21, 2007
(Updated: July 22, 2007)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

"Heather" answering the phones at Outdoor Rec was clueless when asked what gate RVs should use. However, she transferred my call to the Visitor Center where a squared-away staff person confirmed the commercial gate on Rambo Road was recommended. Alert: use your "other Left" after going through the Rambo gate. The RR tracks will be on your RIGHT, take the first RIGHT over those RR tracks. At the intersection of Hansell & Bong, turn LEFT. Bong will narrow down from 4 lanes to two near the Post Office off to your right. You turn right at the intersection of Seattle then take the next left where Bong continues to it's end at O'Malley. When you cross that intersection it turns into El Paso. The entrance to the FAMCAMP is a sharp right. The newer 50A sites are the two rows to your right and the older 30 amp sites are in the section to your left. I give this FAMCAMP a straight "C" grade because it has so much potential but no evidence that higher-level Base management has any interest in the RVing lifestyle. The campground seems to be the neglected step-child of Outdoor Rec which would rather be doing anything but serving the RVing public. I'm still grateful for the 50Amp full hook-up pull-thrus and the $15 nightly rate but, sadly, this campground is nowhere near the superior facilities I've enjoyed at other military bases (see all my reviews). We were greeted shortly after taking a vacant spot by a friendly lady who stated she "helps out" when the camp hosts weren't there. She even went out of her way to bring us a self-registration envelope which I later filled out, put a check into, and deposited in the "Iron Ranger". I decided to cut short our visit here after we previewed a first-class RV resort in Deer Park, WA. For now, this FAMCAMP is still adequate for a short stay but for a week or longer I'm willing to pay twice the price somewhere else so long as it includes even a hint of the VIP treatment we all hope our money will buy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts