3.9 72
Washington 134818
August 19, 2024
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This campground is a good choice if you are in the area. Pro: The campground has plenty of sites with trees and shade covering most spots. The staff was helpful in rescheduling when our schedule changed talking to them in person. The restrooms and laundry areas were clean and kept up. Con: No staff member will respond to a voice message. Staff says only one manager has the password, which does not help the camper or the staff to respond to the message. A restroom facility is in such disrepair with the doors padlocked. The sign for the restroom is still displayed on the building. This building needs to be torn down and rebuilt. A site had electrical problems that we were assigned. We were out shopping for a new power cord thinking it was our problem. The camp host knew about it and he reassigned us to a different site. The office staff keeps placing people in this same spot. If there is a questionable site, that site should be marked as not available. The staff in the office should know about any site issues before the site assignment. There is some site overgrowth that needs to be trimmed and cleaned out around the sites. There were limbs just cut and left in the grass/weeds. With all the cons listed, I believe this campground needs some TLC. I would stay there again if I was in the area. This North Lewis base has easy access to Dunlop and it has an outstanding large park area next to the water. Some other pluses that I would like to mention are the quick access to Texas Roadhouse, Exchange, and Commissary on the main base.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or