4.7 99
Arizona 155046
Sept 13-18 2024
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First and foremost, follow the directions from Militarycampgrounds.us to gain access to the base and to the park. The park is all pull-thru, concrete pad surrounded by gravel and desert trees (minimal shade), each site had table and grill. Fairly level. You must drive half-way into the park to check in at the office (all roads are one-way), we had no issues with navigating the turns and into our site. (12). Location of the utilities is a bit strange. Elec and water near the middle and sewer towards the rear of the site, made a stretch for my sewer one way and power-water the other. Water, 80pse and electric was stable. Now here is the “I didn’t know part”, they have cable tv to each site AND park Wifi (better nearer the office) WHAT!!!?! Yep, you heard me… wifi was 18-20 DL and pretty stable, the TV didn’t have an on-air guide, and the only reference was a page you need to take a picture of in the office. Very quiet, minus the bugle calls, and YES, we did get turkeys wandering thru, also found deer and turkey vultures nearby. Never did see any javalina. The PX and Commissary are fairly close and decent size and stock. Negatives, the dog park is a small (about 8’x10’) fenced area, dirt – no grass, the wild grasses and (?) weeds could use some attention thru-out the park. Replacement for the dog park is a nicely grassed, small and large dog park, located near the on-base school on Burns St. If you want to grab a paper map of the base, stop at the MI Library and Museum on Hatfield (the street you enter the base on).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or