GPS

More
16 years 4 months ago #3035 by subldo
Replied by subldo on topic Re: GPS
Thanks for all the responses to my question. My concern with needing an external antenna is due to the limited clear view of the sky with the Class C overhang and that the unit would be beyond reach in my cab if mounted on the windshield, making it difficult to use the touch screen. The added feature of the MP3 capibility seems like a big plus.

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #3039 by mikecfr
Replied by mikecfr on topic Re: GPS
You can get an exterior antenna online. Also, the added feature of BlueTooth is a bonus. I am able to run my cell phone through my GPS and have hands free phone usage while I am driving. In addition, all the restaurants and motels listed in my GPS have a phone number that can be dialed just by touching an icon on the GPS through my phone.

More
16 years 4 months ago #3077 by subldo
Well, I wound up getting the nuvi 350. when we opened the sunday paper Best Buy had them on sale for $279. That was $120 off MSRP. before this sale the best price was $249 this past christmas. I got the external antenna also. I needed it because I would not be able to reach the unit while driving due to the distance the windshield is from the drivers seat in the cab of the class C. One minor glitch that I haven't figured out is that everytime I turn the unit on I have to set the country, language, and time zone. I would think that once I set this it would default to it unless I changed it.

More
16 years 4 months ago #3085 by mikecfr
Replied by mikecfr on topic Re: GPS
You might want to call the company support line. Mine is set and never changes unless I change it.

More
16 years 4 months ago #3086 by subldo
as it turns out the problem went away. after I set up "MY Home" position in the unit now when it boots up it goes right to the main menu page.

More
2 months 3 days ago #17972 by Alexisss
Replied by Alexisss on topic GPS
The Garmin Nuvi 350 is a good car GPS unit, but it might not be the best choice for your class C motorhome. Here's why:
  • Older Model: The Nuvi 350 is a discontinued model, so finding a new one might be tough and updates might be limited.
  • Car-Centric Features: It likely won't have features specifically designed for RVs, like accounting for vehicle height and width when routing, finding RV-friendly campgrounds and gas stations, or warnings about low clearance areas.
For your class C, I'd recommend looking at a dedicated RV GPS unit. Here are some popular options:
  • Garmin RV 770: This one has all the bells and whistles, including RV-specific routing, campground info with reviews, and even service station locations with amenities like propane.
  • Rand McNally OverDryve 7 GPS: Another good option with RV-specific routing, campground info, and pre-loaded content for points of interest like rest areas and truck stops.
Whichever unit you choose, make sure it has RV-specific features to avoid any routing headaches on your adventures!

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds